Saturday, August 24, 2013

At that Syrian Armenian Concert with Jen and Sam, Diversity Kids and a bunch of other people

UNHCR Armenia continues it's wonderful activities, although sadly without me. After my internship was over, I decided to take a little break for a month so that I could rest before two really hard years in Europe.

Jennifer, Sam (I called him UNFPA when introducing him to others, haha) and I went to "Cascade" two hours before the concert started, sat at the nearest cafe so that we could see the stage and had a couple of bears. Soon, the rest of UNHCR staff joined us. 

The people playing different music on stage were Syrian Armenians, so was most of the audience. Among them there were many I knew, and I was excited to see them. After all, I was leaving in 7 days.

At some point during the concert I saw my "kids" from Diversity for Change project, and couldn't let go of them. One of them was "Heeeeeeeeey, Ms. Laura. I missed you so much", and he hugged me twice :D I was touched. 

I stayed with them for about an hour, during which we managed to take a bunch of pictures, talk and fill our eyes with tears a little bit. Hey, the crying time has not come yet!! 

One of the guys that I met once or twice in my life was there too. Such a bright young man. We were talking to him about good-byes. He too agreed, that when a person says good-bye, a part of his heart dies. Ah, I am getting all emotional again.

Seeing all these kids, Jen and Sam, the rest of the wonderful young adults, I can say for sure that there are reasons to come back. There are always people to come back to.






No comments:

Post a Comment