Sunday, November 30, 2014

Currently

It seems like the only action on my blog was the change of the background picture every once in a while. So, I decided to update everyone on how I am doing. I am aware that most of it is going to sound like "white people" problems, so don't judge!

Just to let you know what I have been doing recently:

I am living alone in Ljubljana, in a pretty comfortable room with its own kitchen and bathroom. It's a dreamy place to study: no noise, no distractions, and of course - crappy internet connection.

Other than my studies (or the thoughts of them, which are more time-consuming) I am busy making plans. I think, if I were to mention my favourite hobby, it would probably be making plans and designing check-lists. Nothing keeps my heart beet vast than a well developed plan of what I am going to do in the future.

My whole life now revolves around paperwork, phone calls, applications, CVs, visas, reservations, booking, thinking which way is cheaper to travel, and food.

For my dissertation, I have decided man up and to do it the hard way - travel across the ocean towards a country I do not have any idea about nor speak the language to conduct an ethnographic research on Armenians and Armenian language. My travels towards that magical land starts in 12 days. Interestingly, I am not going there straight away. Nope. I am visiting every country nearby, then going there. Oh, have I not mentioned? I am going to South America.

My trip starts on December 12th when I hop on a plain for 13 hours and end up in Sao Paulo, Brazil! After about a month I am flying to Buenos Aires, Argentina for some fieldwork and networking. Also tourism, of course. Then (maybe) going to Peru for a week, then back to Buenos Aires. In February, I am finally making it to Montevideo, Uruguay for a month and a half. On April 1st, I am going back to Amsterdam, spending a couple of days in the Hague (hopefully my friend would allow me to crash at her place), then traveling to Brussels, then to Paris, then to Lyon for System of a Down Concert, then maybe to Zurich (always wanted to visit for a day of two), then finally back to Ljubljana for a month and a half to concentrate on my studies and finish up my thesis. Theeeeen, that's where my plans end for a while. But I am thinking.

So now, because of this overly exhausting (and probably the best plans I have come up with my whole life) I am sitting around in Ljubljana and stressing out. "What if's" and "How on earth's" are not leaving my head, and I have a stay-up-all-night-thinking insomnia.

I am stress-eating and stress-shopping. Lucky for me, a two-Euro nail polish is enough for a day, so the harms to my budget are not that bad.

I miss my family.

I am going to Milan in 5 days and I have no idea how I am getting there.

I have to present my thesis proposal in front of a big audience of professors, and I am mortified.

Concentrating is the hardest thing in the world. And when I have so much to do, I find it a lot easier to just not do anything.

Well, this what my life looks like now. And even though I am stressing and not sleeping nearly enough - I think I am the happiest I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment