Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hannover

Taking advantage of the Semesterticket, Brunna and I decided to spend Saturday in Hannover.

Woken up since 5 am but still very enthusiastic about the trip, we took the train and talked the whole way there. After Brunna was done with some of the passport issues, we started walking around and explore one of the most beautiful cities in Germany.

To be honest, I was impressed by how wonderfully welcoming the city was. It was far different from Oldenburg in various aspects, including human interaction.

My experience told me that people in bigger cities are more reserved and would hardly be friendly towards total strangers on the streets, while in smaller cities people are more welcoming. This idea of mine crashed and burnt today. 

Brunna and I were walking round the city, with awkward cameras shooting every corner of every street we have been too, when people passing by were smiling to us, or the ones on the bicycles were not speeding like there's no tomorrow... 

The city was very multicultural and you would hear different languages everywhere you went. Brunna and I agreed that it was the first time we didn't feel excluded from the society.

Hannover is clean. One of the things I love about Germans is that they take care about the cleanness and the overall environment of the city. 

The architecture is insanely beautiful. No camera can show it.

I have always liked Gothic churches. They live me breathless. The mosaics, the sound of the organ, the fact that they are very tall... Sometimes they make me want to believe that God exists...

We walked the whole day, but luckily, most of the attractions are situated in the Centre of the city, so we didn't have to take the bus. We just took the map of the City and just walked... and walked... and walked... from one attraction to another, from one church to another... and, even the fact that my feet hurt like hell (my "Brusovism" hit me again, and I decided to put on some heels and go to another city...) it was really worth it.

Of course, one day is not enough to explore the entire city, so we plan to visit Hannover soon.

 













The model of the city (Rathaus)

I couldn't resist taking a picture of the bride who just got married at the City Hall.

I noticed that Germans don't know how to write Armenia correctly. What's that "B" doing in the beginning? 

It was a tough choice: Segafredo or Starbucks: have warm memories from both of the places...


No comments:

Post a Comment