Thursday, December 26, 2013

The incident in Vienna Airport

As you probably saw on my Facebook page, I have been visiting Armenia in February-January.

I might have mentioned to you that I have had this "evil" plan on my brother. As I knew we was flying to Yerevan from Mississippi, I booked my flight so that we meet in the airport in Vienna. I have planned this couple of months prior to coming home, and basically told EVERYONE except for him. I was super-duper excited and wanted to capture his face on camera when he sees me there! Surpriiiiiise!!

He was told that I would arrive to Yerevan 2 days after his arrival and expected to come and meet me at the airport. My plan was brilliant. I was super excited!

Now the date of my travel back home arrived! I was ready, all packed and excited! My camera was fully charged and I had already practiced my "BAZINGA!" face in front of the mirror...

However, my Dad wrote to me saying that my brother's plane is delayed, and that's when I started worrying. What if he doesn't make it to Vienna on time?

Then I learned that he missed his next flight... He was "stuck" in Chicago.

On the other hand, I thought, my brother was asking a million questions regarding my arrival, so... what if he guessed that I was coming home with him and now THEY are playing a trick on me? That was so obvious!! Of course. My parents were never good at hiding stuff from us. Plus, my brother is smart and he knows me. Of course he figured out my plan.... Damn it, i shouldn't have smiled so much last time we skyped...

So now, I started practicing my surprised face and was ready for him to greet me with his camera in Vienna. Meanwhile I was talking to my parents any time I managed to find free Wifi. They were trying to persuade me that my brother was still in Chicago... Haha, like that was true...

...

I arrived to Vienna with expectations to be blown away. It would be 6 months since I last saw my brother. I missed him so so so so much!

And... he was NOT THERE! He was stuck in Chicago.

I felt the word "IDIOT" slowly being written on my forehead. Damn it. He really wasn't coming...

The moral of the story is... there's no moral. Sometimes you just don't get as lucky as you would want. He arrived two days after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment