Monday, December 2, 2013

Random thoughts on the way to Berlin

Mitfahrer

For some mysterious reason  I thought that going to Berlin with a Mitfahrer (website which helps you find people who go from one destination to another, you pay a lot less than if you had taken the train or bus) was a good idea. My driver looked underaged (I even wanted to ask him how old he was) and it was freezing cold in the car.

As I got in the car, I realised that there is not gonna be any conversation whatsoever. Seriously, how is it possible to be in a car with 3 people you don't know and be silent? Aren't you interested in people you let in your car? Don't you need to hear from them that they are not complete psychopaths? Or maybe there are interesting people. Why don't you see if they have any life-stories that you can learn from?

And then I was thinking that if this was in Armenia (excluding the fact that they might have been... robbed and then left alone in the forest somewhere far from the town) the driver and the passengers would have probably found mutual friends on Facebook, then probably arrange a marriage or something...


The note

On the way to Berlin in that awkward car, I had nothing to do but to keep myself busy with my iPod. Going over the notes that I had typed down a year or two ago, I found one which made my wonder. It sounded like this: "It was the perfect moment and the perfect words. I knew he would find the right things to say. I am truly happy right now. Probably the happiest evening of this year." 

This was all. 

I looked out of the window, took a deep breath and asked myself: "Who the fuck did I write this about?" Nobody came to mind.

Traveling alone

From Johann-Justus-Weg team I have learned that there is absolutely nothing weird or sad about traveling alone. That is why I sat in my room and silently (although very frustrated by the unbearably slow internet) I booked trips to Utrecht-Hague-Amsterdam and Barcelona. Let the traveling begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment