Sunday, June 2, 2013

Let's get started

Tam tadadaaaam...

Hi guys, Laura here...

So I am going to dedicate this blog "218 Stories" to the upcoming two years of my life. Why so? Well, something really awesome happened to me recently! For the second time in my life I got the opportunity to study abroad. The first time it was Global UGRAD, a US Funded program which sponsored my studies in Berea College, KY, USA for an entire academic year (had a blog then too, if you are interested)

So, this program is called EMMIR - European Master in Migration and Intercultural Relations, which really goes well with my Bachelor's degree in Linguistics and Intercultural Communication that I received from Yerevan State Linguistic University (oh, forgot to mention, I am from Armenia). To be honest sometimes I think that EMMIR has been designed especially for me, but more on that later...

There are billion reasons why I am so excited about studying at EMMIR, but the three main ones are the following:

First of all, EMMIR is a joint program among 7 different Universities in Europe and Africa, so basically  I will be traveling A LOT!! 4 semesters, 4 different Universities, plus an internship. How amazing is that, huh? :)

Second, the full scholarship that I received (which is covered by Erasmus Mundus) is going to cover EVERYTHING! It's amazing, because there was no way I would be able to pay for the entire program by myself.

Third, I highly value education, especially in a field that is not taught in any university in Armenia.

The third cohort (I mean the one that I am in) starts on September 1st and I can't wait for the years 2013-15 to be the awesomest and most educational years of my life!

If you have any questions - please leave a comment and I promise to get back to you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment