Monday, June 24, 2013

You win some, you lose some

Before I proceed to writing about the warmest and most inspiring events of my experience in UNHCR and perhaps the whole summer of 2013 - let me just stop right here and look back.

Look at all the people that I have lost and all those who I have found. Honestly, lost only a few and found so many. It's progress, believe it or not. Still when I look back I realize that I miss the old ones too. By lost I don't mean they are dead, but rather we are not friends anymore. 8 years have passed and now look where we are: not even talking.

The reason I am open about writing about this in public is that I am sure she will not be reading this, just like she never read any of my previous blogs. I miss her, I honestly do. (yes dad, another emotional sentence). I can never stop being mad at her, even though there is not much to forgive. We both said some things we didn't mean, and at some point we both realized that we are very different and that our friendship was hanging by the thread for too long and that she basically doesn't need me... I can never stop being mad at her, because if I do - it will mean that I have nothing left from her...

No comments:

Post a Comment