Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A little closer to EMMIR

Since the day I received the email from EMMIR saying that I was promoted to the main list of potential scholarship holders, I was, of course, using every opportunity to find out everything and anything I could about it.

My first step was trying to find out whether or not there were any other Armenians in EMMIR before me. This is going to be the third cohort of EMMIR and there was one Armenian student in each of them, including me. How awesome is that.

First thing for me to do was finding out who the other two were. And I did. Two amazing girls, Irena and Tamara. We skyped a couple of times with both of them. They were so supportive, gave me really nice advice.

I thought I would meet Irena for their graduation ceremony in Germany in September and see Tamara in November, again in Germany, but surprise, surprise! Irena wrote me a message saying that she is in Yerevan and that she wants to meet up.

We talked for three ours. She inspired me, made me excited about Germany and the whole program in general. Now, I really really can't wait to start the journey.
Beautiful Irena and myself at Cinabon Cafe. 
Starting from today I have 39 days left in Armenia... I wish I could start packing right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment