Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jumping at the WRD exhibition

As I said, one of my super-fun activities for World Refugee Day was organizing an exhibition/bazaar with participation of refugee and expatriate women and men.

After asking here and there "hey, do you know any Syrian Armenian women/men who are doing handicraft?", we finally managed to have the the whole first floor of UN House filled with works of talented participants.

"Was in tough?" - one would ask. Yes, it was. "Did I manage?" - you would wonder. Yes. I did!

I would like to thank Vrouyr Bilemjian, my very good Syrian-Armenian friend, who provided contact numbers of those talented Syrian-Armenian women, who not only got the chance to exhibit, but also sell their works.

I am happy we organized this exhibition.

Btw, the Diversity for Change group was there as well. They are always there for me! :)

Arman, one of my Diversity kids. One of my dearest friends.

Levon is one of my Diversity kids. Great kid!

My Diversity for Change Team showed up to support me and enjoy the exhibition

Why am I hiding behind Piero?

Yumms!

Sarkis Rshdouni proudly standing in front of the Textures

The talented Syrian-Armenian women I was talking about: Tikin Lousig, Aline and Rosette

No comments:

Post a Comment