Wednesday, July 10, 2013

After the flash-mob: getting ready for the exhibition

So, June 17-18th we were busy getting ready for the exhibition at the UN House in Yerevan.

First, we had to select the Textures from the flash-mob that we were going to show at that exhibition. Sarkis (the initiator of the Flash-Mob), Michayel and Gevorg (the professional artists, also my good friends), Tigran and a couple of other volunteers were hanging out at the UN Office, eveningish (meaning till 11pm, lol)

This is how it looked like:





After the selection process was done, Sarkis kindly took them to Blik (btw, the name means something totally inappropriate, so Sarkis had a wide smile every time I said it) and have all of them framed! The next day he was at the UN office again to help me hang (well, actually stick) the works.

However, textures were not the only items we were going to exhibit. We had many other works waiting there for us to take care of. And by us I mean myself, because I had to organise and rearrange the works in the UN hall singlehandedly. One of the toughest days of my life, but so rewarding... So rewarding.

I had the lucky chance to meet with all of the participants of the exhibition, who were Iraqi and Azeri Armenian refugees, Syrian Armenian ladies who were all so nice. They brought the works they have made, hoping to sell some or just show to others.

We finished getting the exhibition ready by 8pm (while actually my working day was supposed to end at 5:30, but who's complaining?) and the only thing that was left was waiting for the 20th, the opening ceremony of the WRD Exhibition. More on that read next. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment